It's been a rather rainy--although not cold---week for us here in Georgia, and Jacob was just really needing to get outside after being cooped up inside all week (well, we went to the gym every morning, and the Children's Museum, but, he is an outdoors kind of kid! Some of you who were witness to Jacob in his colicy days, may remember that when he was crying, all you had to do was walk outside and he would instantly stop). I decided that there is really nothing wrong with playing outside in the rain, as long as you have the proper gear- and as you can see from the pictures, Jacob certainly had the "proper gear"! He had a blast, and the only down side is that, now that he's done it once, he wants to do it every time he sees rain, and wants to splash in every puddle he passes by, no matter what clothes/shoes he has on!
We also went worm- hunting (and now that he knows that the worms come out when it rains, he stops on EVERY sidewalk to search for worms- both dead and alive!) and found some of the biggest worms I have ever seen in my entire life down by the creek at our apt. complex. They were really gross, but I assured Jacob that Daddy probably thought they were super cool--I don't want Jacob to be the only boy in class who is freaked out by worms all because I think they're creepy!
No comments:
Post a Comment