Jacob got some new best friends yesterday and I just know this friendship will last forever-- or at least until someone forgets to feed them. Anyway, Jacob got 2 goldfish, and he really likes them a lot! We went to 2 pet stores yesterday- don't ask me why- I want to vomit anytime I enter a pet store because of the smell and the fact that I don't really like animals (haha, just kidding on the last one...well I don't really like animals, but the mere sight of them doesn't make me want to throw up!). When we were in the first pet store, Jacob wanted to see the fish and the puppies. Well, obviously, he was in love with the puppies, much more so than the fish, and kept saying, "That puppy loves me so much" when they would jump up and look at him through the glass. After we left (without a puppy-or fish) Jacob kept telling us, "I really really need an itty bitty puppy"! Since we can't get a puppy for numerous reasons, we decided we would get him a couple of goldfish so he can "practice" having a pet.
So far, Jacob really wants to hold the fish, so we've had to explain that fish like to swim and stay in the water, they don't like to be held. In terms of names, he couldn't think of any names- I don't think he understands the concept that he can name them anything he wants to. Jeff and I were throwing out names for Jacob to ponder last night-- really dumb names and stuff---so Jeff said things like "Why don't you name them Pete and Repeat?" ha ha that's a real funny one Jeffrey. So I said , "What about Jeff and Lindsey?" and Jacob LOVED those names because that's what he now calls them. This should be a lesson to me that around the age of 2 would be a good time to stop being such a smart alech!
Here are some pics of the boy and his fish and I am going to try to put a video on here too!!
No comments:
Post a Comment