Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh Lookie Here! We're Engaged!

Soooo, tonight we went to Greenville for a little wining and dining (more like tea and dining, but it sounds better that way) and it turned into an evening of explosive laughing and crying. Just kidding...but actually it turned into an evening of Jeff proposed to me (Lindsey) and I reluctantly (jk) said yes. But here's what happened:

1.) we went to that grill place that overlooks Falls Park...it's called the Overlook Grill
2.) I ate some medium rare yellow fin tuna with an Asian Thai sauce and Jeff had a Caribbean Chicken with fruit salsa sandwich and onion rings
3.) We used the restroom and then went back to the car to pick up the camera and tripod that Jeff had brought "to take panoramics of the waterfall and bridge at the park" (this was legitimate because Jeff enjoys practicing photography with his new camera-I mean, don't get me wrong, I thought he was kind of a dork for hauling around his camera and tripod at the park, but I was willing to go along with it if I could get some sweet pics of the park out of it)
4.) He set the timer on the camera so we could take some pics with us in it, then he went back and said that he needed to take another picture to get us in it right...so he set the timer and ran back over and took the picture that you see posted on this here blog.


5.) Then I said "yes, I guess since we have a baby together and have been living together for over a year, we can go ahead and make this thing official"...I didn't actually say that, but for suspense's sake, I won't tell you exactly what I said.
6.) on our way back from Greenville, we stopped at wal-mart to get some stuff, because we ALWAYS end our evenings out without Jacob with a trip to the mart.

THE END


PS: As for when we will be having a wedding, we already talked and we want to have a long engagement, have a few more kids, buy a house, etc. ..we don't want to rush into this. We just want to make sure that this thing is going to work before we set a date....plus we don't want to ruin marriage with kids!

PPS: As we are looking forward tonight into our love, we have decided that in order to help other couples in similar situations, we are going to co-author the book "The Unwed Guide to Parenting"...so you can pick it up soon at a retailer near you!

PPPS...after we are married we will write "The Post-Unwed Guide to Parenting"....so you can also pick that up at a retailer near you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! You make us proud! Very nice ring!

We can't wait to see it(and Ya'll) in person!

Love, Mom & Pop

Anonymous said...

We zoomed in on that proposal picture. Judging by the expression on Lindsey's face... Was she
(a) about to cry
(b) about to puck
(c) all of the above

Craig M said...

Whoop! Congrats! (Lorel adds her congrats and says your ring is gorgeous... and huge)

(don't worry, I don't stalk your blog... just have google reader)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lindsey and Jeff!!! Lindsey your ring is beautiful!!!!

P.S. Your son is the cutest kid!! I say you have a couple more, make them baby models and just go ahead and live off them for the rest of your lives.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the three of you! Matt and I are so happy for you (we enjoy a good party, too as you know)! Ring is beautiful!

xoxo
Kenna