This morning, I decided we were going to do something different, so I looked up the recipe for the gak stuff online. I remember we made it at school when I was little and then after we knew how to do it, we used to make it at home sometimes and I LOVED (still do) it! Here's the recipe:
2 C. corn starch
1/2 C. water
food coloring
You just mix it together (I would mix the food coloring with the water, and then add the corn starch, because it's easier to get the color evenly distributed) and VOILA!! The only bad part of this is the color it leaves on your hands from playing with it--that's tough to get off, otherwise, I let Jacob go at it, because it wipes up with water, or you can pick it up (if you're quick).
Besides that, it was just another Monday, filled with the grocery store, laundry, and some baking to start Jeff off this week. BTW, in case you were wondering what November's goodie basket-gift thing will be for Jeff's customer's, I am doing loaves of bread--either cinnamon or apple praline--in loaf boxes. I'll post a pic of those at some point too. We were perusing Garden Ridge yesterday after church, trying to get some good Christmas gift ideas since I need to work on those this month, instead of next (a few too many things to do in December, I don't want to ruin the fun of the holidays by over- committing myself!). I have 2 ideas, one of which I'm pulling for, but Jeff is not, and since it is his job, he wins! So, idea #1, which Jeff would like to do is: a mini Christmas tree, decorated in Patcraft colors (turquoise and orange) and attaching business cards as some of the ornaments. Then, because it's Christmas, we would do a small box of choc. peanut butter balls and oreo truffles to go with. I won't tell you idea #2, because if we don't use it this year, we are using it next year!!!!
ANYWAY, my issue at this point is finding the tiny Christmas balls in the right colors. I've looked online and can't seem to find anything, so if anyone has any ideas, that would be super!!
No comments:
Post a Comment