Some of our friends have quite generously opened up their backyard pool to all of the kiddies in our care group (and the adults too!), so Jacob has been able to hone his swimming skills lately! Here he is swimming sans swimmies:
Jacob has had about zero fear of the water for the past years of his life, and it seems that he is only getting guttsier---if that's possible! The first time we got in the pool this year, Jacob was trying to do backward flips off a float! He's been working on swimming without the swimmies again this year (he could do it last year, but didn't have any real "form")---and I've been working on getting him to use his arms more, like he's doing freestyle. Right before I took this video, Jacob was using his arms and they were flying around like a windmill, but he was completely tuckered out by the time I came with the camera--hence the rescue by Ms. Sarah at the end of his swim.
No comments:
Post a Comment