Monday, June 14, 2010

Baby News

To begin this post, I would like to let those of you out there who may be wondering that I have blossomed over this past week into a full-fledged fatty! I do not plan to post belly shots, so just try to enjoy any full body shots that happen to be posted--BUT, as Jeff and I were making some observations this week, 1.) it appears that I am actually pregnant because of the pooch of my stomach, and 2.) my stomach, at 7.5-8 months with Jacob is about the same as it is right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not huge, I just wasn't big at all with Jacob, up until like the last couple weeks.

Today I went for a doctor's appt. and found out a couple of things:

1.) My normally perfect (as in 120/80--yea, don't be too jealous)blood preassure was a bit high, so they had to have me rest for a bit and then give it another try. It went almost all the way back down--not to "perfect" but the doctor was fine with it. I would like to think that the unusually high first reading was from two things, the first being that I had just left the waiting room, after sitting next to a lady who was obviously on some type of drugs--I'm not talking "gateway", I'm talking something hard core, and hearing her rant and rave about some of the craziest stuff I've ever heard. I.E. she was 47 (she told us)and she called her dad to ask if she could use him as her emergency contact (which required him giving her his address) and he declined, which was followed by a slur of interesting profanities, a reference to her "dead daughter" (yes, that's what she told the waiting room), and a story (again, sparing no language)about how her car broke down and yadda yadda yadda. It was truly a nerve wracking experience. The other reason for a potentially high reading was that I had to give the urine sample (as usual)which always gets me all worked up.
2.) I gained more weight this time (which is painfully obvious from my recent pictures) which they were happy about, but would like me to eat more and more often, which should help with my headaches too--can do.
3.) In an almost futile attempt to find the baby's heart beat this time, the doctor was super impressed with how active the baby is--in fact, she thought this might just be the most active baby of this age she has ever witnessed--which would explain/confirm that I have felt the baby move already. The baby must not be aware that we already have one super active child at home--I've been convinced this one will be the polar opposite, but maybe not! I mean, Jacob was evidently so active from an early age, that when he came into this world, not only was the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck, but he had also managed to twist around enough that there was a knot in it! Not to leave you hanging though, she did eventually find the little rascal and everything was fine.

* An important side note--I was told by the doctor that delivered Jacob that stretch marks are genetic (she told me this when, LITERALLY, the week before I delivered, we found that stretch marks appeared almost overnight on my stomach). Just to double check before investing in some pricey creams this go-round, I asked the doctor today, and she verified this, SO, if you have noticed stretch marks before, DON'T SPEND THE MONEY ON THE LOTIONS! As my doctor said, save it for plastic surgery down the road- HAHA! *

I think that's all--next baby post will be next month at our visit because that is when we find out what "kind" of baby we're having. Boy or girl?

No comments: