Over the past 3 weeks we have mainly been sick---not all at once, thankfully, but we have all taken turns, Jeff currently has a sinus infection, and once this is done, we are hoping no one else gets to have at it! We have also been mostly inside for the past month, which is not really too much fun for any one of us! We have been thankful that we have been able to emerge into the sunlight a few times to play outside or go for a bike ride, or head out to play with friends, but let me just say that we are seriously anticipating the pleasant SPRING weather when this can happen more frequently!
On the crafting front, there's really been nothing--it's proven hard to get inspired in the dead of winter! The only thing I have done recently is stain a bench which we were really excited about-- It was made for us by a friend of Bryant and Judy, from some old wood salvaged from Jeff's Papa's barn in Pageland. We wanted to save some wood and use it for something for our house, and benches seemed like a good idea because we can always use some extra seating at our table! Anyway, when Bryant and Judy came up a couple weeks ago, they brought us one of the two total benches we will have. Here's the finished, stained, product:
Oh yes, and one more thing I did was make Jeff and Jacob matching PJ pants--per Jacob's request, we used monster truck flannel. It's hard to tell where one of them ends and the other begins!
Jacob and I made pretzels the other day, since he likes them so much and I had never tried to do anything with yeast before! They tasted great, however, not all of them looked really great, as you will see in the picture. I had a hard time rolling the dough pieces out to be thin enough without them bouncing back to their original size!
I don't have a picture of this, because I didn't want to overwhelm Jacob on this particular day, but this Thursday, he and the kids in his Bible study class did another little "performance" of their memory verses and a couple songs for all of the moms at Community Bible Study. Since this was our first week back after 3 weeks of being absent, I felt it wasn't a good idea to show up with the video camera, etc. to try to capture the moment where Jacob was on stage, not knowing any words to the songs! HAHAHA, as it turns out, he did better this go-round than the time before when he had been in class every week! Let me clarify though, he still did not sing a single word, but he danced through the whole thing. AND he wasn't sniffing his blanket the whole time, so we could see his face-BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! One of the songs they sang was "Jesus Loves Me", so we sang it last night at bedtime, and he knows all the words and the movements--it's so cute! If Jeff and I can coordinate computers, I would like to get a video of him singing a song on here!
Yesterday, Jacob and I went to the library, which we also hadn't been to for a month! It was nice because this time there were no other kids in there--not that it's usually that busy, but this was a special treat because there was no one there the whole time we were browsing. I also found 3 books today for myself in the "Friends of the Library" section. These are books that have been donated to the library and are for sale. I got 2 hardbacks and one paperback for $8! Both of the hardbacks were brand new too!! We have bought some books in this section before, and couldn't get over what a great deal they are!
As a special treat last night, we went to Krispy Kreme to get another free doughnut with out never-ending coupon supply. This was the first time Jacob has ever been to a Krispy Kreme and it was quite a treat. We got to see the doughnuts on the conveyor belt, going under the frosting waterfall! After going there, we decided to drive down to the ocean front and walk along the boardwalk even though it was like 40 degrees! It was actually very nice to get out and do that-I think Jacob liked going out on the beach with Daddy in the dark and hunting for shells! (Mommy over here was on the boardwalk jumping like a crazy person trying to keep warm while they were out on the beach)
No comments:
Post a Comment